I noticed today something a little funny about the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 setup screen:
Notice the little black line at the below the 2nd progress bar at the bottom right? It's actually an old school ASCII wait animation that consists of displaying /-\|.
I'm not sure why they felt a need to add it under a progress bar, the fact that there is a progress bar is kind of a tip off that I need to wait. But like I said, it's funny and may have just been some humor on a programmer's part.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Believe it or not I actually use all these items.
On the left side going top to bottom:
- Notebook Power Supply
- HDMI cable going to my external monitor
- Two USB cables going to a Maxtor External Hard Drive
- ESATA cable attached to another hard drive. The ESATA card is plugged in to the PCMCIA slot
- Ethernet cable for network
- iPhone USB cable
- USB cable going to the external monitor's USB hub for keyboard and mouse