I would seriously recommend this to anyone who does web development with VS2008. Most of these are performance fixes, almost all of these I've personally experienced:
- Source editor freezes for a few seconds when typing in a page with a custom control that has more than two levels of sub-properties
Yep. Got this when working with Infragistics controls. Even hitting the down arrow to scroll through the intellisense list of attributes caused this delay. Very annoying.
- “View Code” right-click context menu command takes a long time to appear with web application projects
Got this too, though I didn't notice too much of a difference after the hotfix. I guess my PC's just slow on this one.
- Visual Studio has very slow behavior when opening large HTML documents.
- Visual Studio has responsiveness issues when working with big HTML files with certain markup
Check and check. I still get unresponsiveness issues, but mostly now just when a document loads, whereas before it would happen constantly. I noticed if there was a lot of invalid HTML this would cause problems, also when using custom namespaced elements (running on the client, not ASP.NET controls) the editor seemed to have problems with these kinds of documents too.
- The Tab/Shift-Tab (Indent/Un-indent) operation is slow with large HTML selections
That's always been the case, and not just in HTML but in any code section that has intellisense parsing.
- Slow typing in design view with certain page markup configurations
Got this one too, again when working with Infragistics Controls. Typing in labels directly in TDs in design view was REAALLLY slow, and it didn't seem to buffer properly so you couldn't just type the whole thing then wait.
Sometimes? Anything more than a trivial document would exhibit this behavior.